THE MUSICOZ & AIMA's OFFICIAL RULES AND REGULATIONS
1. The Musicoz Awards are open to all Professional and amateur bands, singer/songwriters and musicians who are Australian citizens, or permanent residents, except for the International category which is open to anyone from outside Australia. Publishing, management and distribution deals are allowed. Artists signed to independent labels are allowed. Judges and employees of the Musicoz organization, and anyone signed to a major record label are ineligible.
To enter online, go to our website, create an artist profile, fill out the form, upload your songs/videos, bio and photo and press submit. All payments are to be made in Australian Dollars (AUD).
2. To enter via snail mail each entry must consist of completed and signed entry form, CD (no cassettes, DATs or minidisks) cheque/money order or credit card payment to:- MUSICOZ, Suite 321, 8 Point St, Pyrmont NSW 2009 Australia. One overall publicity photo (300 dpi) and biography should also be included.
3. Each song entry must be on a separate CD. For the video and live categories each video must be on a separate DVD. All entry packages must be postmarked no later than 8 weeks prior to the awards show. MUSICOZ reserves the right to extend this date at its discretion. Contestants may enter up to six songs per category. Each entry per category will incur an entry fee except that every sixth song entry is free. Contestants can enter the same song in as many categories as they wish. We recommend artists add all their songs to the Musicoz website due to the exposure for the artist.
4. Each entry shall not infringe any copyrights or any other rights of any third parties. Songs previously released by a major label are not eligible. Each entrant shall, by entries, indemnify and hold MUSICOZ, it's sponsors, corporate partners and media partners harmless from and against any claims inconsistent with foregoing. All entry fees are non-refundable. All materials submitted will not be returned. MUSICOZ is not responsible for late, lost, damaged, misdirected, postage due, stolen or misappropriated entries.
5. Winners will be selected by a panel consisting of top music industry professionals who may be substituted to availability or at the discretion of Musicoz. All songs entered are judged equally on originality and strength of melody, lyrics, composition and performance. Production qualities are not considered in judging.
6. The entrant shall (or shall cause copyright owner of the entry if different from the entrant) agree to permit MUSICOZ to include any of the songs entered by the entrant as part of an artist profile page, otherwise on the Musicoz website, and any official MUSICOZ sponsor or media partner website or other platform plus any official MUSICOZ CD/video/DVD, multi-media CD releases or online downloads that are for promotional purposes only - for the purpose of greater exposure of the artists and Musicoz. The entrant also agrees to allow MUSICOZ to include any entered songs, any photos/likenesses, any video footage that will be used in any television broadcasts and any radio broadcasts, and as part of the MUSICOZ Awards ceremony and as a part of any press release or electronic media release. Other publicly available material and content of the artist is authorised to be used by Musicoz and any official MUSICOZ sponsor or media partner for promotional purposes for greater exposure of the Artist - which is our goal.
7. Each entrant acknowledges that in the event that he/she is an award winner or finalist or semi-finalist in the Musicoz Awards, then without compensation, MUSICOZ or any official MUSICOZ sponsor / media partner will have the right to publicize and print his/her name and photographic likeness and use any video footage that is either supplied by entrant or that is taken from entrant performing at a Musicoz event or use of the works in promotion of such and the fact that he/she won a prize in the Musicoz Awards and all related matters.
8. PRIZES - will be divided between 17 category winners, and other special award winners at the discretion of MUSICOZ and such other prizes as MUSICOZ may in its sole discretion award. Prizes will not be exchanged for cash or anything else. The judge's decisions are final and no correspondence will be entered into. All prizes must be claimed within one year of the Musicoz Awards event. The Musicoz logo and mention that the artist is a Musicoz winner must be included on all artists promotion and media vehicles plus CD's that make up any part of a prize. Musicoz and the fact that the artist are a Musicoz winner must be prominently included in all press releases and promotional material relating to the CD prize. The relevant prize/award sponsors must be prominently included in all media and CD releases relating to prize.
9. The winning entrant of the Artist of the year award agrees to sign a non-exclusive licensing/distribution agreement with Musicoz Records and plus also agrees for Musicoz Records to manage and administer the Artist of the Year prizes throughout the following year to ensure maximum benefit for the winning entrant.
10. All entrants that become Musicoz Award Winners agree for their winning song to be included on the Musicoz Winners Compilation CD and/or digital only release, and agree to enter into a non-exclusive licensing agreement with Musicoz Records which will be distributed through Musicoz Distribution Partners, online and mobile phones. The promotional versions will be non-income producing and the any saleable items will generate income as agreed with the artists at the time of the project.
11. Winners and finalists also agree to take all reasonable steps to attend the Musicoz Awards plus generate attendance by their fans plus promote the event through their network and social media channels to support the Musicoz Foundation Charity. All entries will be included in the running for The People's Choice Award (Public vote) and will be listened to and voted by the public from the Musicoz website. The Artist with the most votes will win.
12. MUSICOZ and official MUSICOZ sponsors shall not be liable for any loss, damage or injury suffered by any winner as a result of the winner accepting and/or using a prize, except for any loss, damage or injury which is due to the negligence or wilful misconduct of the Promoter or which otherwise cannot be excluded by law.
13. In the event that the winner of the Producer / DJ Category is not 21 years or older, the promoter may, in its absolute discretion, require the winner to sign a statutory declaration stating that they are aware that the legal drinking age in the United States is 21 and undertaking that they will not drink alcohol when in the United States, subject to any written directions from various lottery authorities.
14. Entrant agrees to be bound by MUSICOZ's entry procedures and established rules and regulations as detailed and updated here from time to time.