PRESS RELEASE SUNDAY 12TH FEBRUARY 2012
ARE YOU IN THE TOP 100 IN YOUR GENRE?
Musicoz - Australia's Largest Song Recognition Program is now OPEN FOR ENTRIES. Head to www.musicoz.org
WHY - This is the Year to Enter Musicoz !
- YouTube and BigPond are focusing on giving Musicoz and you greater exposure than what the Aria awards received this year;
- Sydney Opera House is confirmed as the venue for this year's Musicoz Awards on Tuesday night 15th May 2012;
- Will you be selected to perform at the Sydney Opera House to a massive National and International audience? 9+ artists will be selected;
- 1 x Free Ticket to the Musicoz Awards at the Sydney Opera House with more than 5 entries;
- This will be the night of your life, celebrating with fellow Muso's your music, successes and life contributing to Australia's music culture;
- The 46 Artists with the 4 (now 3) major labels in Australia (including idols on Sony Label) do no qualify for entry - they have the marketing budget and know how already;
- The Musicoz Public Choice Award is now open for voting. This also drives the Musicoz People's Choice Charts.
So what are you waiting for - get your entry in now. You have until the 31st March to enter.
The #1 Music Awards for Australian Artists
Celebrating eleven successful years, the Musicoz Awards have been launched for 2012. Musicoz is now calling out for entries for the awards that will no doubt be the best year ever. The Musicoz Awards are the largest and most credible awards event for unsigned & independent artists in Australia and have resulted in many major success stories from previous winners including Blue Juice, The Jezabels, Art Vs Science, Bliss n Esso, Sender, Anthony Snape, Sick Puppies, The Fumes, Felicity Urquhart and Blue King Brown.
The Musicoz awards give vital recognition, exposure and development opportunities to Australian artists who are finalists and winners at this event. Artists are selected and judged by some of the music industries finest from major labels, independent labels, booking agents, artist managers and record producers. Artists successfully entered into these awards have the opportunity to secure a recording deal, advertising packages, National TV performance, publishing & production deals and more.
This year Musicoz is partnering with BigPond, YouTube and Facebook to give the Awards and it's entrants the biggest exposure platform for Unsigned and Independent Artists. Social media is the largest platform into the target audience for music, and unlike the ARIA's commercial deals based on TV rights, Musicoz has embraced both the venue and social media platforms to become the largest music awards engagement platform in Australia - providing the critical exposure and recognition that the many talented musicians in Australia deserve as they continue to contribute to improving Australian culture.
"YouTube is a passionate supporter of new music and together with the Musicoz Awards, we're building an even stronger exposure and reach platform for Musicoz artists to be recognised. We're really excited to be working with Musicoz to help deliver this years significant event plus media content platform". Richard North - Head of Strategic Partnerships - YouTube, Aust & NZ.
"BigPond Music is committed to Australian Music and content. We recognise that that Musicoz is a leader in identifying, recognising and representing the interests of the best of the 17,000 independent musicians' in Australia. The size of the program and events Musicoz run are consistent with the Brand, Image and Partnership requirements that we have in place together. We will also continue to drive opportunities such as The Jezabels being used for a Telstra Australian Ballet initiative." Glenn Hamilton - Head of Music - Tesltra / BigPond.
Artists wishing to enter one or more of 18 genre categories such as Pop, Rock, Alternative, Urban, Metal/Hardcore and Acoustic Singer-Songwriter, can do so online at www.musicoz.org. Entries close on 31st March 2012.